Friday, April 15, 2011

Altered Treasure Box

This was a fun project. I altered this CTMH Recipe/Photo Box. I made this into a wonderful treasure box for my dear friend Melissa. It was for a Secret Sister Swap.

I used all kinds of great projects on this fun project.
Smooch Spritz- Vanilla Shimmer
Helmar- 450 & Quick-Fix Adhesive Runner
Viva Decor- Perfect Pearls- Yellow, Light Blue
Tim Holtz- Distress Pads- Broken China
Maya Road- Felt Flowers, Chipboard Swirl, Chipboard Frame, Stick Pin
Prima Flowers
Nikki Sivvils- Cute as A Button!- Burlap Buttons
Hand-colored Skittle
K& Company- Felt Ribbon
K and Company- Marcella- Alpha Deck
Making Memories- Chloe's Closet

Step 1- I measured and cut the paper to cover the sides and the top. I used Helmar 450 glue. I inked all the edges with the Broken China Distress Ink pad.

Step 2- I inked the oval frame with the Broken China Ink pad and sprayed it with the Smooch Spray. I cut out the little bird from the paper and sprayed it with the Smooch Spray. I covered the Maya Road swirl with the Light Blue Viva Decor Pearl Pen.

Step 3- Once all the pieces were dry I used the Helmar 450 glue to attach the chipboard pieces to the front and top of the box. I used pop dots to attach the little bird. Once attached I used the Yellow Pearl Pen to accent the beak. I slipped the stick pin through under the little chipboard frame and into one of the pop dots under the bird. I used Helmar 450 to attach the Felt flower below the bird. It would have been easier if I had the Helmar Scrap Dots, but I ran out of them. I had to hold the flower in place for about a minute and use a little more glue then usual, but it still worked great!




Step 4- I cut off the edge of the card and then used pop dots to attach it. The small blue pearls on each corner were made using Light Blue Viva Decor Pearl Pens.

Step 5- I used the Helmar 450 under the buttons to make sure they stay put. I also used Helmar 450 to attach the felt ribbon at the bottom of the front of the box, and the Prima flowers to the bottom right. I used Helmar 450 to attach the skittle in the middle of the flowers.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box, Daphne!!! Love all the work and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the box. It looks even better in person! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete