Friday, October 7, 2011

Monster Mash Lighted Canvas

I was so excited when Maggie said she wanted to post my Monster Mash canvas on her blog- Passionately Artistic.

This was a really fun canvas to make. I was walking around the store looking at the Halloween decorations the other day and saw a lighted sign. It was $20+ and I thought...gee I can make that, and it will be cuter and cheaper!

Well once it was done and I plugged it in to look at it, I was very thrilled with the results. One of my fellow crafters commented that the lights look like creepy fingers with orange nails.
But, I think the best compliment was when I showed it to my 14 yo son and he said- "OOoh I like that, can I have it." I am going to make him a lighted canvas, but he can't have this one.

I hope you find some inspiration to create a lighted canvas of your own.


STEPS:
1.) Paint the edges of the canvas with black acrylic paint. Sides and 1" in all the way around.

2.) Cut the paper to 11"x12". Use Beacon 3-in-1 adhesive to attach the paper to the canvas. I then used a brayer to roll it out to make sure it was flat.

3.) Cut and assemble Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein with the Cricut using the Happy Hauntings cartridge at 7"

4.) Cut grass at 1/2", fence at 2", a spider at 2 1/2", a spider at 2" and Monster Mash title at 3 1/2" (ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE THE HEIGHT)

5.) Cut hand at 1 1/2" in green and 2" in black- I attached the black hand flat to the paper and bent the green hand up so it looks like the black is a shadow of the green hand


6.) I used the Distress Inks and Gelly Roll pens to accent the images.
7.) Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein are attached using foam dimentional tape.
8.) I used a hot glue gun to attach the lights to the back of the canvas.

Supply list:
11"x13" Stretched Canvas
Black Acrylic paint
Piece of Halloween Paper-Die Cuts With A View- Midnight Spell stack
50 Miniature Indoor/Outdoor Lights
Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue sticks
Cricut with Happy Hauntings Cartidge and
Bazzill Solid Cardstock
Basic Grey- Bling It Rhinestones- Spider Web
Ranger Inc- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads
Sakura Ink- Stardust Gelly Roll pens
Adhesives: Beacon 3-in-1, Foam dimentional tape, hot glue

ENJOY
~~DAPHNE~~

2 comments:

  1. I love the Monster Mash canvas. That is the first Halloween paper craft that caught my attention. I have to try and find all the supplies and give it a try. Thanks for posting!
    Melinda Strange
    Huntsville, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is utterly fantastic!! Love how this came out, those cut outs came out so cool!

    ReplyDelete