Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shaped Card Challenge-The Collectors Cut

I am very excited to share with all of you that I was asked to join in the fun over at The Collectors Cut blog. We will be making two projects a month over there. All the projects are using the Cricut machine. We are hoping to get more use out of the cartridges we have and to inspire some of our crafty friends to get out their Cricuts and use all those wonderful cartridges you own that are collecting dust!!

The challenge this time was to make a SHAPED CARD.
I decided to use a cartridge I had not used yet for my own personal goal of using all my cartridges in 2011, and I chose Wild Card.
I cut out the quote bubble card. Then I flipped it and cut it again, because I didn't use double sided paper! I glued the two together so there was pretty paper on the inside.
I used the EK-Success flower punch on the owl in the center of the card and the Stampin-Up Banner punch on the little guy on the bottom right.
I love to ink and I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo.
The words are also cut from the Cricut using the font on Wild Card. I welded it using my Gypsy before cutting at 1".
I used Helmar Acid Free Adhesive to put it all together.
The paper is from Target in the Dollar Spot. It is all from the new owl fall pack. It was purchased only a couple of weeks ago! It is SOOOOooo cute!

Get out your long lost cartridges and start crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment